Monday, August 9, 2010

Steamboat Vacation

We just came back from a quick vacation to Steamboat. Our friends invited us to go with them and we had a great time together. The kids were a little crazy the first night which resulted in a little sleep deprivation the second day. The key to making it through the days were the endless activities. Alpine sledding, trips to the pool, hikes, canoeing, and hot springs made the days fly by.

The hot springs are right in town and were a lot of fun for the kids. We were there less then an hour and we had to leave due to a storm that blew in. Guess they don't want people in the pool if they see lightening. We were able to go back a few hours later once the storm passed. These are the kids in the hot springs;


The bummer of the trip was Emma breaking her front tooth on the edge of the pool. Luckily, it must of missed the nerve as she wasn't in pain.
I was able to get her into the dentist today and they fixed the tooth. I'll have to keep an eye on it, but so far so good.

3 comments:

m_perfect said...

Poor Emma! I sympathize with the broken tooth ( Her cousin Tasha has one too.)
I looooooove hot pools!Especially in the winter. We have quite a few around here as well. My favorite is very hot and you can dogsled to it in the winter!

Keira said...

That must have been her permanent tooth. I have an old break on mine and other than some discoloration (not anymore--I don't think Dr. Benson cared too much) I am fine.

It's not quite as big as that one though...

Tia Harrington said...

I believe Keira broke hers on the top of my head.
I love the pic of the barn. Why can't it be just down the street from where I live?