Friday, February 11, 2011

Character Day

It's Literacy Month and the school decided to gave the kids a pass on uniforms for a day. I put the kids back in uniform and called it "Hogwart's Uniform". I'm kinda tricky like that. Jack has been fast and furiously reading the last book of the Harry Potter series in hopes that we let him see the movie. Emma got a bunch of her friends to be HP characters and she decided to be Ginny Weasley. (No comments on the Harry/Ginny relationship) I don't know what motivated me to get all this done yesterday, but the kids were super excited that I was able to pull it off.
Lily is "The Mitten" by Jan Brett. She could be any character and last minute she wanted to be a dog. Well, I compromised and said she could be a dog IN THE MITTEN. Happy as a clam.

4 comments:

Tia Harrington said...

Love them all but my favorite part are Emma's knees... too cute!

AM Runner CA said...

LOVE IT!

Betty Debbie said...

Adorable.

My kids used to have those kind of dress-up days. Poor Stephanie was stuck wearing her fabulous Snow White costume for every dress-up event for two years...
In kindergarten she wore the costume for Halloween, and then again for Nursery Rhyme day...I pinned felt hearts on the skirt and she was the Queen of Hearts. In first grade I think she wore it again for Halloween, and then for Book Character day too.

mj said...

Very cute kids. I also love reading Harry Potter Books..

Alaska Salmon Fishing | Austin Auto Accident Lawyer