Wednesday, March 23, 2011

Strep

This is Emma. Last year she did not miss a single day of school. She was VERY proud of her perfect attendance award.

This year she had a fever and they frown heavily on kids being sick at school, so they asked if I would come get her. I got her into the doctor's office that day and she tested positive for Strep. She was NOT very happy that I had to keep her home one more day.

Two weeks later, she's not feeling well, so I take her in to see our very nice doctor. He seems doubtful she has strep again. He does the rapid test and she tests positive.

At this point the word "carrier" is thrown out and I get a little concerned (I've watched too many zombie shows lately). I am supposed to bring her back in after she finished the antibiotics and when she is "healthy". No problem, except the appointment where I'm supposed to bring her in healthy...she has another sore throat.

Another rapid test is done, this time it's negative. Hmmm.

Fast forward two days. I just got a call from the doctor's office saying that the longer test is now positive. Awesome. When Emma decides to get sick, she does it spectacularly.

3 comments:

Betty Debbie said...

Carrier as in Typhoid Mary?

Mad Runner said...

I am laughing at Debbie's post. Maybe she could go by Emma Strep, or maybe name a whole new strain to her? What do you have? Oh, I have Strep-de-Emma-ocacous. Awesome illness ... really.

Tia Harrington said...

Goo-goo-cluster ice cream... cures everything!.. For you, not her.