Friday, February 10, 2012

Useful Stuff

I know we're addicted to another certain website that has taken over the world. Yes, I'm referring to Pinterest! Hours have been lost, opps, utilized wisely for the betterment of our homes and humor. Oh, the humor.

I saw a "tip" the other day on how to fix scratches on your wood chairs. Well, the scratched chairs didn't apply to me, but I have some awesomely scratched banisters. The tip was; rub a walnut over the scratch. How simple can that be?! I happened to have a can of mixed nuts in my pantry and promptly picked out a few walnuts. I did try and wipe off all the salt before I started rubbing on the wood.

I'm not naming any names (Emma!) may have etched her name and a few Xs in the wood quite a few YEARS ago. They were mostly out of the way and I thought trying the walnut couldn't hurt.

The before:
The after:
It didn't remove the scratches completely, but what a difference! Thank you Pinterest.

3 comments:

Mad Runner said...

Genius! I want to rub walnuts on all sorts of things now!

Debbie said...

I wish I had some walnuts!

I've been thinking of starting a pinboard "Things I've Done Because of Pinterest"...or something like that. It might help me justify the time spent 'researching'.

Tia Harrington said...

Awesome! It makes all of those hours on Pinterest totally worth it ;)