Wednesday, August 26, 2009

Sunburn

I managed to make it through most of the Summer without a sunburn. I even made it out of Florida without a burn. But today, I got burnt. I feel slightly worse because Lily got a bit of a burn as well. It probably didn't help that we spent a few hours at an outdoor pool. In my defense, it was a balmy 75 degrees with slight cloud cover.

When I got home from the pool, I noticed that we had gotten a "little" pink. Several hours later Jack freaks me out by saying; "Mom, Lily has something on her back!" I'm thinking the worst, but as it turns out, it was the lines from her swimsuit. I had to take the picture because Lily wanted to see what was on her back. She can now identify the letter "X".

4 comments:

m_perfect said...

A unique way to teach her the alphabet! I wonder if that's now her favorite letter.

Keira said...

What's it like to have kids that burn? Really.

Suzanne said...

You just have to remember sunscreen ALL THE TIME.

Mad Runner said...

We live in 50 SPF here. It was 96' today and it felt every degree of it. I wonder if you could sunscreen a different letter each week? It's a little slow but it would really make a lasting impression! HA!