Wednesday, January 9, 2013

Just One Word

I remembered that I had the brilliant idea (ok, someone else's idea) to try and think of one word to focus on for the year of 2012.  That word was positive.  I think I did a great job...until February.  At which point I think I completely forgot what my "goal" was.  I'd say I had lots of positive moments...and some not so positive.  (Don't we all)  Perhaps having the word at the forefront of my thoughts was how I wanted to approach situations.

So, it's a new year.  New word.

Happy

Here are a few synonyms;

cheerful, cheery, merry, joyful, jovial, jolly, jocular, gleeful, carefree, untroubled, delighted, smiling, beaming, grinning, in good spirits, in a good mood, lighthearted, pleased, contented, content, satisfied, gratified, buoyant, radiant, sunny, blithe, joyous, beatific; thrilled, elated, exhilarated, ecstatic, blissful, euphoric, overjoyed, exultant, rapturous, in seventh heaven, on cloud nine, walking on air, jumping for joy, jubilant; informal chirpy, over the moon, on top of the world, tickled pink, on a high, as happy as a clam;


Happy can mean a lot of things.  I especially like the content...and the tickled pink.

3 comments:

Mad Runner said...

I don't think I can be that ambitious but I will go with content.

Betty Debbie said...

so glad you didn't go with 'chirpy'.

Karen Xavier said...

Nice idea, great word. At an interview, I was once asked the question, "How do you see yourself 5 years from now?" And I replied Happy! Wishing you loads of happiness to last a lifetime... Blessed New Year.