Tuesday, July 21, 2009

Happiness is...

Happiness is....getting to go to a "paint your own" pottery place. Emma would have loved to go to the day camp that Jack is attending. I couldn't quite afford to send both, but I conned her into choosing something"special" this week. She chose to paint a princess.
The last time we did this, Emma cried when we picked up the piece after it was fired. She didn't realize what the paint looks like after. I'm crossing my fingers there are no tears this time.
Lily painted a pig. She really wanted to go crazy with the colors, but I managed to keep it to three. She did a great job covering the entire piece all by her self. I'm sure the extra layers of paint will only protect it when it gets knocked around.

4 comments:

Keira said...

Stop blog dumping! You leave us hanging for days and days and then three at once!

So, did Emma's turn out well. THe picture looks okay to me...

Suzanne said...

You love me Keira.

I'll post the "after" pictures of the piece next week when can pick them up.

Debbie said...

Bulemic blogger. That's okay, I forgive you.

AJsGirls said...

I remember making ashtrays in the first grade for Father's Day and the heartbreak I felt after it was fired. It looked horrible!