Wednesday, July 22, 2009

It's Beginning To Look A Lot Like Back To School Time

We start school a little earlier this year. August 19th is "D" day in our district. I haven't started school supply shopping yet, but I have managed to find a few pairs of uniform slacks for Jack and Emma. For the most part, I like having the kids wear uniforms. There are no argument about what to wear in the mornings. That being said, it can get a little spendy when you *gasp* have to pay FULL price for a pair of slacks.

Emma will have a new addition to her ensemble this year. The kids are required to wear a belt when they start 2nd grade. I've been keeping my eyes peeled for a "girlish" belt that is not encrusted with sparkles and rhinestones. A plain belt is not an easy thing to find when you're looking.

3 comments:

m_perfect said...

I love back to school time! The smell of new pencils and the squeaky shoes!
I think your quest is right up there with the Holy Grail. If you can find a great girl belt that is not shiny more power to you. I would look in the boys dept and add a new buckle.

Keira said...

I loved trying on my brand new school outfit the night before though.

Debbie said...

I don't really have anyone that I need to buy back to school stuff for....except me. I've been watching the adds for really cheap school supplies (for seminary).