Friday, September 18, 2009

Tales of Craigslist

I am by no means the Craigslist guru in our family, but I can recognize a scam when I see one. I have an armoire that is collecting dust and would make a lovely addition to someone else's home. Read the following email and tell me if I have "sucker" written on my forehead;

Hello Suzanne,
I really appreciate your response to my inquiry. Im interested in
buying the Item from you. I would love to come and check it myself
but I just got married and im presently on my honeymoon trip to Hawaii
with my wife.I would love a surprise change of furniture in our home
on our return.Pls do withdraw the advert from Craigslist as i dont
mind adding $20 for you to do that, so i can be rest assured that the
item is held for me. I should believe it is in good condition as
stated. I will be making the payment via a certified Check, which my
secretary will mail to you. I'll be picking the item from you with the
aid of my mover. My Mover will be coming to pick it from you once the
Check has been cashed. Pls I will need both your full name and
physical address along with your phone number to issue out the
payment.
Regards
David.

2 comments:

Frankie/mom said...

ewwwww...creepy sounding to me! Hope you told 'David' to take a flying leap!

Sure was great to see you all!

love ya kiddo,
mom

Mad Runner said...

ewwwww...seriously creepy. Run away! Far, far away!