Wednesday, November 18, 2009

X Marks The Spot

Have you ever taught something that you know NOTHING about? I tried to assist 7 eight and nine year old girls how to cross stitch. Not really a craft that I want to pick up, but we (the other leader and myself) figured that it would be a good activity for the girls.

We thought ahead at the last activity and had an "expert" come and teach the girls. It works out well when you get to sit back and watch the expert. When it came time for the girls to try their hand at cross stitch, there were lots of tears and a bit of frustration..on the girl's part. We decided to try again this week and "hope" that it would be a better experience.

It did turn out better. There were no tears. That's a win in my book.

3 comments:

Debbie said...

Perhaps you've inspired a future needlewoman.

AM Runner CA said...

Or maybe you've kept someone from a life of needling others.... :-)

m_perfect said...

Good one Sher! I remember my exercises in cross stitch a la primary...I don't remember finishing but I must have...i know I wanted that badge on my "bandelo"! Yikes that was a while ago!