Friday, July 23, 2010

Kids Say The Darndest Things

Emma was having a day. You know what kind of day I'm talking about. By 5 o'clock I was desperate to get out of the house in hopes that I would be a better parent in public. Thankfully my neighbor knocked on my door and offered to go on a walk. We proceed to go on the walk and I have to reprimand said child for fighting with the four year olds. It's never good when you have to reason with an eight year old about the futility of arguing with younger children.

A little bit later, Michael gets home from work and rides his bike to where we have stopped to play. Emma is still being a pill and I have put her in time out. Michael asks if she's had a good day. Her reply; "I was until you came."

Oh SNAP. I saw my future right then. Emma the teenager, quips cutting remarks in the blink of an eye. I'm not sure that taking away her Nintendo DS is going to work when she's 15.

3 comments:

AM Runner CA said...

I am still of the opinion that we trade kids when we can't stand our own any more. Swap? I have a 9 yr old with pretty much the same attitude.... blek.

Tia Harrington said...

I like the swapping kids thing. Who wants Cam?

AJsGirls said...

Thanks for the laugh. Sorry it was at your expense. The thought of mothering teenagers is pretty dang scary.