Wednesday, July 14, 2010

Limited Attention

Emma was gung ho about "helping" me make a skirt. Help lasted until about the middle of the project, then she got sucked into some tv show. This is her watching tv as I looked to see if it fit. I think she no longer cares, but "we" did make a skirt together. (Thank you Keira for the tutorial)
Rotten child. She wasn't happy about any of her clothes choices and wanted to wear a pink skirt of Lily's. Umm, Lily barely fits in the skirt, Emma was certainly not going to fit. She was willing to wear jeans under the skirt to make it modest, but it's going to be in the 90s today. I had to explain that layering in hot weather is not a good idea. If you look closely at the fabric, the owls are wearing hats and scarves. Not exactly "Summer" fabric, but the pink met Emma's criteria (which is a little weird, she doesn't normally push for pink).

4 comments:

AM Runner CA said...

Still way cute! Lauren now wants to make one next week. (I'll be calling you and Keira!) Maybe when the girls come next summer we can do one for each of them that match!!

Betty Debbie said...

Love the expression of total lack of caring. That's kids for ya'.

Tia Harrington said...

Lol! It reminds me of Dad washing the countertops while a war movie was on tv.

Keira said...

I have some tips (easy ones) that will make the pattern a little easier to follow. So call me, Sher!