Saturday, October 30, 2010

Hot Glue Halloween

I finally got motivated/inspired to work on Lily's Mummy costume. I had a general idea, but I needed to let the idea sit for a couple days to really put myself under pressure to complete it.

First we cut off the feet on an old pair of cream tights. I had parts of a leftover sheet that had previously served time in the Greek Olympics for school. The sheet was torn into strips and I broke out the hot glue gun. Nothing says Halloween like hot glue. Next we cut strips of netting and started gluing and turning.

The good news is that I didn't burn Lily. I did scorch a fingertip or two of mine though. I ran out of glue sticks at one point, I guesstimate the total sticks used somewhere around 10. Not bad for one costume.

1 comment:

Tia Harrington said...

Nice! I thought the costume crank you used this year turned out some pretty awesome costumes (Love the IPOD).