Wednesday, October 27, 2010

Week of Parties

Last night was Jack's Scout Pack meeting. I, of course, was running around trying to get costumes ready because it was Halloween themed. Somehow, Halloween always manages to sneak up on me. Well, maybe I'm ignoring it until it practically sitting on me. I have a love/hate relationship with this holiday. Who doesn't love the excess of chocolate ripe for the taking? I'll be a little sad when Lily can read and know which chocolate bars actually have nuts. For now, all I have to say is "Honey, you can't eat that, it has nuts." As for the dislike? Costumes are a mystery to me. Being creative sounds great in theory, but I am not at all creative in this realm. Luckily, the kids helped out this year.

I was throwing out random ideas and Emma latched onto the Ipod idea as soon as I threw it out there as a possibility. I had seen this done and it looked SUPER easy. We started working on the costume over the weekend. Of course I was able to leverage a clean room out of her before we started the project. We got mostly done and had to stop for a creative break. We weren't sure what to make the screen out of. We found some shiny black paper and made it work.Jack's costume evolved out of several ideas. He wanted to be a zombie vampire, or a zampire. No problem. That sounds like some fake teeth and a t-shirt stained with blood. Easy peasy.

Lily went as a vampire Tinkerbell, but she really wanted to be a Mummy. I wasn't as motivated to get that costume done by the first "party".

No comments: