Wednesday, May 18, 2011

5x5 (day 3) If You Move A Bookcase

If nothing else, this challenge has me looking around my house for stuff that I would like to do, but never have the motivation to actually get done.

So far I've moved a bookcase from the basement to Lily's room. For those of you counting that's two sets of stairs.
Then books got moved from a hall closet to the bookshelf which opened up a shelf in the closet. (The bottom shelf had all kid books.) Yes, the others shelves are in need of help as well, but that's another day. Several baskets have now migrated from the basement to Lily's room, including one that needed the liner sewed up. I'm going to head back to the basement and go through toys. It's a thankless job that I'm dreading. Frankly I'll get more done if my kids aren't involved, but this might be a task where in I will lose myself and never find my way out of the basement. If you don't hear from me in two days assume I'm under the piles in the basement.

The good news is that I've filled 4 grocery bags and tossed them. I'm still not done though. I'm close but it's the last 10% that takes the longest. This is the before;
This is the "in progress";
I'll be honest. I haven't finished. But it is so much better than it was that I may be motivated to finish tomorrow. I keep finding things to move to different parts of the house; clothes that need to go to the repair pile, toys that have been misplaced, books that need to get donated, ...you get the picture.

Today is been really productive, but it's tough to see. I'd post a picture of my trash can that is now half full, but that's a little gross.

3 comments:

Debbie said...

I don't care which universe you're from, that was a pretty impressive bookcase move.

Plus you sorted toys.
Plus you sewed.
Plus you partially cleaned out a closet.

I'd call that a good days work.

m_perfect said...

I would definately say that you did your "5" in 1!

Tia Harrington said...

Nice! It is dangerous to open those cans... they can consume you.