Saturday, October 24, 2009

A Paying Gig

It seems like I've been taking more and more pictures lately. That's a really good thing, it actually turned into a paying gig. A friend of a friend emailed me and asked if I'd take pictures of a 8/9 year old football game. I said sure and then started thinking about what I said yes to. I took sports pictures when I was on the school newspaper...eons ago. I ended up getting excited for the team, they were behind and then ended up winning the game. At half time one of the teammates came up to me and asked if I was "Jack's mom". Small town.

5 comments:

Mad Runner said...

Nice pics sis. You and that magic camera! I have a friend here that does it and makes good money. She is talented but sort of snotty about it so I wouldn't use her. I would so spend money on you though!

Debbie said...

I so need to upgrade to a magic camera. The thing is...I don't think I have the magic eye to make it really work for me.

Kim said...

That's awesome. It's the best when you actually get paid to do something that you love so mcuh you'd do it for free.

m_perfect said...

Sweet gig. Lots of action and outdoorsiness involved! Way to go pro!

Tia Harrington said...

Nice!