Monday, January 4, 2010

Back to School

I was ELATED when Michael drove off to school with
Jack and Emma this morning. I got my groove going and had two loads of laundry done by noon. I redoubled my Christmas take down efforts (no comments on how long it took). Lily agreed to go grocery shopping with me, she held the list.

At 1:30 I heard the doorbell ring. A little odd in the middle of the day, but not totally unexpected. I opened the door to find a couple neighborhood boys. One of them goes to the same school as Jack. I had a moment of panic, thinking I sent my kids to school and there was no school. Since I knew that wasn't the case, I had to gently tell the truant boy that he was missing school. He had a look of panic/embarrassment on his face. I only laughed a bit, and then I laughed a little harder when I remembered that his mom is a teacher in the school district. We (the charter school) went back today, the rest of the district returns on Thursday.

2 comments:

Betty Debbie said...

I dropped David off for preschool one day...only to have his teacher call me a few minutes later to let me know that it was a no school day:)

Keira said...

hahahahaha. Priceless!