Friday, January 1, 2010

A New Year

We managed to get our cold weather gear together and head up to the local ski area on New Year's Day. That was no small feat equipping everyone with all the must haves. Jack and Emma were in desperate need of new coats. Jack almost got three years out of his coat, yes, I bought big. Emma's old coat was a fancy pink and brown coat with a shell and liner. Well, she lost the shell and the pink liner had turned grayish pink. I promised myself that I wouldn't let her go pink again. Note to self, pink is hard to steer away from in her age bracket.

After a long and arduous day of gear shopping and then renting skis, I was nearly too tired to go skiing. But skiing we went.

I mentally put myself in a "happy" place and didn't let myself get stressed out when the lines got long and my feet got cold. It was a pretty good day (no tears!), although I still hate the rope tow.
Luckily I only had to use it three times. This was Lily's first time on the slopes, she had a blast, but can't stop to save her life!

No comments: