Sunday, February 14, 2010

Olympics

I have a love for watching the Olympics. I have a fuzzy memory of Mom talking Dad into getting a tv "to watch the Summer Olympics". I can't remember how long we were without a tv, but I do remember watching track and field crowded around a small tv. There is such a great spirit that comes with the Olympics.

I missed the lighting of the torch on Friday, but I did catch part of the "parade of nations". Without knowing the back story to the death of the Georgian athlete, I was nearly in tears watching the team enter the stadium. While I like watching the sports events themselves, it's usually the back story of the athletes that does me in.

So far, I've watched speed skating, moguls (mens and womens), ice skating, and part of the biathlon. Can't wait to see more!

2 comments:

Betty Debbie said...

I don't usually like sports - but I love the Olympics winter and summer Olympics.

AM Runner CA said...

We are currently rooting for the Chinese skating pair - it's that back ground story that gets me too!