Wednesday, February 10, 2010

Pretty Things

I like to pretend I can sew, but I'd like to be better. When someone offered to teach a class on sewing book covers, I jumped at the chance. Someone to walk me through a project?! Sign me up.

Fabric is like pretty paper to me. If I had any sewing ability, I'd buy more fabric then I'd know what to do with. I've seen what can happen if you have too much fabric, and it's kinda scary. The good news is that this little project was only 1/2 yard, with plenty to spare. Emma has already claimed one for herself.

6 comments:

Betty Debbie said...

yea! Book covers. I'm going to keep an eye out for fun fabric.

Frankie/mom said...

Lovely, absolutely beautiful! I'm so proud of you! Always great to seek improvement in skills....and fun to do as well!

Keira said...

So super cute!

AM Runner CA said...

How easy were they to do? Very cute!

Suzanne said...

Oh, they were SUPER easy, once I figured out the right dimensions. Plan on making them when you come.

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.