Monday, February 1, 2010

Missing Tooth

Emma lost a tooth last month and I totally forgot to share the hilarity that followed. The front tooth was hanging on for it's dear life for over a week. I almost expected it to stay in for a while longer, but Emma was determined to get that sucker out, she needed the money!

So the tooth fell out one night (after the kids were already in bed) and the tooth fairy didn't visit that night. Well how could she find the tooth if it wasn't under the pillow?! So, I told Emma to place the tooth under her pillow and cross her fingers that the Tooth Fairy would come the next night.

Fast forward to the next night. Kids are in bed, I'm exhausted, tooth is forgotten. Emma wakes up in a grouchy mood. I can't quite place where this pent up hostility is coming from. Then about mid day I go and check under her pillow and find a scathing note to the Tooth Fairy. It reads;

Dear tooth fairy
or shood I call you mom
you biter be the tooth fairy.

Well, the Tooth Fairy left a note in response. Written in tiny gold sparkly ink.

Dear Emma,
Sorry I was late last night, I ran out of fairy dust in China. Thanks for the tooth.
-The Tooth Fairy

5 comments:

Betty Debbie said...

"you biter"...is that tooth fairy humor?

I used to totally forget the tooth under the pillow - I got pretty good at slipping it under when I went to wake them up...or pretending to find it somewhere close...like it had slipped.

Keira said...

I find it difficult to remember to keep that much loose change around. Way to go, tooth fairy.

AM Runner CA said...

The tooth fairy is actually Connor's kindergarten teacher. She started the whole 'donuts' thing. Not that I mind but those teeth lost on Saturdays get a coupon from the TF.

Unknown said...

Love, love, love that tooth-less smile! Emma, hope the tooth fairy doubled her usual tooth 'fee payment' for being soooo late!

AJsGirls said...

You're awesome!