Wednesday, February 17, 2010

Spectacularly Bad

I've determined that I should NEVER be my own child's teacher. They are never well behaved in a group setting. They've got you in a game of Survivor; outwit, outlast, and outplay. Today was the day that I lost all three.

What should have been a simple hour of Activity Days turned into the "Survive Emma's Antics" hour. There was boredom in the first five minutes, mouthiness the next ten, pouting for five, crying for fifteenish, and sulking for twenty. There may have been a few good minutes mixed in there, but I'm not sure. She was so SPECTACULARLY bad that she's sitting in time out until I'm not frustrated with her. She may be the until she's 18.


5 comments:

m_perfect said...

Oh the joy of having a girl!!!(or two).
I suggest that you now start"The Curse!". To do this you apply your forefinger and middle finger to the area just in front of your eyes and then using those fingers point them at said child and solemly intone, " You will have a child JUST LIKE YOU!".
You will feel better knowing that this curse never fails....ever! I say in the game of Survivor its anything you have to make it through the game.
(The huge perk to this curse is that when said grandchild comes to your house you can spoil them spectacularly and then send them home so the cursed child must take the consequences "What! You didn't want me to give Billy a nap and a sack full of candy so that he wouldn't stay up 'til 1 am?! ooops! ;)....I've done this and even ancient revenge is delicious!)

Tia Harrington said...

Two words... Duct Tape. For any occasion. I'll testify in your behalf.

Debbie said...

Even though I have Danny at home during the day, I'm still happy with my choice to put him in the other freshman seminary class.

Tia Harrington said...

Hey, thanks for linking me!

Mad Runner said...

I'm still in for the child swap. Tylor for Emma - straight across, all summer. Jack would be happy. Lauren would be happy. And as for Tylor and Emma? Well, they'd appreciate us more when they got home right?