Wednesday, June 10, 2009

Blogger Blahs

Since the kids have been out of school for SEVERAL weeks, I've been a bit distracted. I usually try and find the humorous anecdote of the day and share semi regularly. I was so excited to see the end of school, that I neglected to see how long Summer is.

I was on a basement jag, but we've hit the wall on that project. Perhaps I need to see the light at the end of the tunnel before I start heading that way. We still have plenty of painting to finish...I'm so tired of painting. We have been enjoying what has been done, we're now able to sit on the couch and watch movies.

To top off the blahs of the last week or so, we've been have rain on and off making it feel like the Northwest. We've even had a couple tornado sirens go off. No, we didn't have any near us, but we have had a bit of hail. That gets the heart pumping when you hear the sirens.

Here's to a better effort at blogging more regularly.

3 comments:

Debbie said...

Sirens? Sirens? Are they like air raid sirens?

m_perfect said...

Do you head for the cellar? Do you remember to take Toto?! I am sure that at certain points of the Summer I would encourage my children to go out and watch the "Event of Nature" (very educational!). Good Luck with Summer...I can't say I miss it much ( of course, it was much easier on the farm, "I'm bored" was a natural invitation to half a dozen necessary chores...in fact, I think I ever heard it once from any one child ;)

Suzanne said...

Yup, they are like air raid sirens. They test them the first Monday of each month. The first time I heard them I wanted to crawl under a desk and put my head between my knees.