Tuesday, June 30, 2009

Road Trip

We decided to take a quick trip up to see Mt. Rushmore and the various sites up North. Its a "quick" six hour drive from us. In the chaos to get out the door I thought that I forgot the battery to the camera. All photos were taken with a phone. Someday we'll have to go back with a real camera. (The battery was in the camera bag all along, it wasn't until we got home that I found it)
Emma knew all the presidents on the mountain, she had studied it last year. Jack was most impressed with the exhibit that let you pretend to dynamite parts of the mountain. We stayed to see the faces lit up at night, but we were tired and needed sleep.

2 comments:

Debbie said...

Never been there....would like to some day.

Mad Runner said...

I was way jealous last night thinking of your trip. I want to come next time.

Speaking of trips we have our tickets and rental car! We're comin' baby! Pen us in for 8/6-8/10! We have to get to the Federal Reserve this time - I needs me some shredded money!