Thursday, June 25, 2009

A Tribute

In second grade I got a Michael Jackson poster for my birthday. I'm pretty sure I was giddy with excitement and then lost interest within a week. In fact, for some unknown reason I stuck the end of a banana on his nose and it stayed there for weeks. Maybe I was psychic and could foresee all the nose jobs the King of Pop would later have.

In the car today, the song "Billy Jean" came on and I told Jack I listened to it when I was his age. He kinda laughed at me and then broke out some cool moves in the car.

3 comments:

Debbie said...

He was only a year older than me. His death was surreal and somehow inevitable.

Keira said...

I remember that banana splotch. Way to own it.

AJsGirls said...

You're awesome. Michael was my absolute favorite. At least 50% of all my childhood memories involve his music.