Friday, June 13, 2008

Friday the 13th

Ok, so far nothing has happened. One of my neighbors went into labor yesterday and she did NOT want to have her baby on Friday the 13th. Here's hoping that the wee bairn made his debut before midnight.

When I was young (I'm thinking 8 or 9) I had a very memorable Friday the 13th. The entire day seemed "off". I was riding my bike and turned my head and ran into a parked car. One of my sisters (Lynn) got hit in the head with a hammer. I cannot fathom why she would be in a situation where that would happen, but it did. There was a really big thunderstorm and the wind blew the canoes off the carport. I'm sure other things happened, but with my swiss cheese memory, I've blocked those things out.

So, has anything ever happened to you that made Friday the 13th an unlucky or lucky day?

2 comments:

Keira said...

I only remember sleeping in the front room, making up stories about the bogey man and making John's "pee" alarm go off in the middle of the night.

Debbie said...

I got nothin'.

It's just another "Juneuary" day here in the cold and soggy Northwest.