Sunday, June 1, 2008

Raindrops on Rooftops

Seriously. How can you resist a face like that?! I swear that Lily is getting by on looks lately, especially this morning. Last night I had to make a "quick" trip to the grocery store. When I came home she had ink up and down her arms. She had found a cow stamp and decided to tattoo herself. Guess I need to put the ink pads higher.

This morning, she noticed that the ink was still there (after several scrubbings and a shower). She heads to the bathroom to work on the ink some more. After a few minutes, I decided that I shouldn't trust her in the bathroom by herself. I catch her in the "I'm about to fill my diaper" moment. We've been making some progress in that department. If I catch her in time, she'll actually finish in the toilet. Yeah for her, yeah for me! But I digress...

She finishes her business and we have a "way to go" party. She says her bye-byes and flushes away. I pull up her pants, figuring that we'll get in the shower soon enough to not have to worry about another diaper for a while. Well, that's when Murphy's Law stepped in. When not wearing a diaper, a child will pee.

Lily was standing by the window in the office and I swear that I hear raindrops on a metal rooftop. Yup, she's standing over a vent in the floor and peeing. I swiveled around and picked her up so fast that the rain instantly stopped. She unsuccessfully tried sitting on the toilet again. I think she was too traumatized by the sprint to the bathroom.

Have I learned my lesson yet? Nope. We hop in the shower and get cleaned up. I tell Lily to go get a diaper and some clothes from her room. On the way back from her room, Lily informs me that she went pee on her carpet. Nice.

Would anyone like a two year old today? She's very cute, but will drive you crazy.

9 comments:

Debbie said...

She is very cute - but considering I have a 2 year old granddaughter who is pretty much up to the same tricks, I'll have to give your offer a pass.

Lori said...

I remember those days. So glad they're over.
Adorable picture, though.

Keira said...

Laura used to do that a lot. I wonder if the boys, having different plumbing, can't wait to aim at something? Because, I swear, they were easier to train.

Suzanne said...

No takers? Probably just as well. She woke up from a late nap and said, "I went pee." At which point a waterfall started cascading down the kitchen chair she was sitting on. It was just one of those days.

Kim said...

With a face like that how could I say no? Too bad you lives so far away or I'd take her.

Kim said...

--and I'd teach her my good grammar too. I really wish I could edit comments without just deleting them and starting over. I hate seeing my typing errors.

Jo said...

Mine was doing so good with peeing in the potty. But not so good with poohing in the potty. Go figure. Anyhow, lately she's not doing good with either one. I have no idea what to do.

Suzanne said...

I've not been very motivated to start potty training with Lily. I've already been down that road before and it's a bumpy road often filled with potholes and u-turns.

Mad Runner said...

I'll take her no questions asked. I might stop Lauren from saying "Can I have a sister? I need a little to sister!" one more time. I'll swap you one Lily for one Tylor. Perfect!