Tuesday, June 17, 2008

Training

We are in training mode at our house. Lily went a whole day in "big girl" panties. I didn't intend to start but apparently Lily knows how to "hold it" for a long time. She wanted to wear underwear in the morning and I figured that I would let her wear them for a little while until I got around to putting a diaper on. Well, three hours later I remembered that I hadn't put a diaper on and we were headed to Target. All through Target, I kept asking Lily, "Do you need to go potty?" , "Should we go to the bathroom?" Nope.Nope. Nope. To each question.

I know better then to believe a child when they say they don't have to go to the bathroom. Well, I figured that I would either be cleaning up a mess in her car seat or she could hold it until we got home. As soon as we walked in the garage door I had Lily go. SUCCESS! She managed to make it though a nap and not have an accident as well.

Does this bode well that I started this by forgetting to put a diaper on? As we are all aware, most potty training involves the parent remembering to put the child on the toilet. I'm going to have to wear a stop watch and have an alarm go off every couple hours to remind me. Oh well, the prize at the end of this is no more diapers. That's a pretty big motivator.

Let's hope Lily is motivated. Baby steps. Will she want to wear her big girl panties today?!

5 comments:

Debbie said...

At least it's summer time - not as cold if your potty-training child has to go "commando" for a while.

Keira said...

You're killing me.

I am soooooo jealous.

Suzanne said...

Well, it started off so well. Then this morning happened. She had a dry diaper so we rushed to the toilet and successfully went. After breakfast she went in her room and made a #2 while peeing on the floor. At least it's out of the way and we can try for the rest of the day.

Rae said...

Hurray! Good for you. I started Gabe the same way, by forgetting to put a diaper on him when he wanted to try underwear for awhile. Unfortunately, I was not so lucky. He is still not potty trained, loves to have wet underwear on, so I never know when he has had a accident. So, I guess I will be attempting training again next month when I am less busy, and ask him everytime the timer goes off.

Jo said...

Yeah! I'm still struggling with poops on the potty..... will it ever end??????