Tuesday, June 10, 2008

Short List

On my short list of things to do today;

1. Clean bathrooms
2. Change two flat bicycle tires

If I get those things done I'll be happy. Anything else is gravy.

I have sorta gotten used to the kids being home all day and it's getting better the more we figure out how to survive one day at a time. The kids are staying up later and sleeping in longer. Jack has always been my early riser and to have him sleep past eight a.m. is an very weird. There have been a few days that the kids sleep until 9 a.m.. That's fairly indulgent for our house. It does make for nice quiet morning for me. I'm actually able to "putter" around the house and start laundry, breakfast, and enjoy the silence that is sooo nice in the mornings. I don't mind waking up (at a reasonable hour), but don't make me have to participate in an actual conversation.

4 comments:

Debbie said...

I too love quiet mornings. Not to have to take Alex to seminary is just lovely.

My list for today:

homeschool Danny....
buy Hot Wheels
clean house
have MIA Maids over for a BBQ

Kim said...

Ohhh--I'm so jealous. Sleeping in with kids home? If mine ever did I think I would have to get up to check to make sure they were still alive in their beds.

Keira said...

Is it putter or potter?

Jo said...

Man! I'm jealous! I can't wait for those days -- lazy mornings, spend the day at the pool or beach, get as little as possible done. Mmmmm! I love summers! Robert doesn't get out of school until the 25th. I can't wait!