Saturday, July 12, 2008

Fitness Challenge

Our stake is having a year long fitness challenge to try and encourage individuals to exercise and be more healthy. You can earn 1 point per 20 minutes of exercise with a maximum of 3 points a day. Today is the exception. It's a no holds barred and you can earn as many points as you want today. I'm not sure how many points I want to earn today.

This morning I woke up and I'm sore in places I didn't think that I could get sore. I think that I perhaps overdid it yesterday. I woke up and got a few miles of jogging in before it got too hot. Since I was already sweaty I decided to mow the lawn, once again, before it got too hot. Then that led to the kids and I weeding the side of the house that was threatening to take over the house. Then later in the afternoon, when it was blazing out, we went to an outdoor swimming pool. Jack and Emma can swim like fish, Lily on the other hand isn't quite there yet. That led to me wrestling/holding her for an hour and a half in the pool. I'm thinking that I might need to take it easy today.

3 comments:

Debbie said...

I love waking up the day after and finding sore muscles in weird places - armpits, ribcage, posterior (there are a couple of weird ones there)....just to name a few.

Lori said...

I've seen you exercise like a madwoman--you go, Suzanne.

Mad Runner said...

Aww, the discovery of odd muscles is always a joy! About a month ago I started swimming regularly with the kids. I ALWAYS forget about those inner thigh muscles you use while doing the breast stroke - every summer it gets me for a week or so. I feel your pain - now I'm going to go run and make myself feel better. Awww!