Tuesday, July 15, 2008

Oscar the Grouch

As the temperature rises so do tempers. It's in the nineties today, you can guess what kind of mood I'm in. I think that we're all a little stir crazy, but it's hit an all time high today, or should I say low.

Warning! The following is whining and ranting of an insane mom;

Woke up, my first mistake. Jack was already awake because his ear is hurting him, but not bad enough for antibiotics. We walked to the grocery store for the kids favorite breakfast treat, donuts. I don't think that Jack stopped talking the entire way there and back. Got home to find Emma and Lily waiting on the couch for breakfast. Nothing like a donut for breakfast. As soon as the kids had inhaled their breakfast, they started watching PBS. I just didn't care this morning.

After an hour and a half of cartoons (where does the time go?), I have to be the prison guard and make sure their rooms are not a total disaster before they run out the door. They did the BARE minimum of cleaning to get out the door. Sure there were a few tears and punches thrown, but nothing a time out and loss of privileges can't take care of.

Meanwhile, it's already HOT in the shade, but we manage to get wet when the sprinklers turn on. That cools them off for a while and we are semi civilized to each other. Emma notices a neighbor that got home and she darts across the street like our house has the plague. Why is it like Disneyland when we go to other peoples' houses? We play at the neighbors house and make a lovely mess with the wading pool, sand box, and animal habitats. Finally it's time to go and shock and surprise, the kids do not want to help clean up. Argh!!!

I know it's just "one of those days", but I have a lot of Summer left. Whew. Thanks for reading an insane mother's rantings. I feel better, the air conditioning kick on.

2 comments:

Debbie said...

Do you have air conditioning? (I don't).

How about free morning movies (at an air conditioned theater).

Suzanne said...

Tomorrow, we're going to the movies.
The choices are not good this week; Everyone's Hero and Bratz. We're not going to Bratz, in case you were wondering.