Wednesday, July 30, 2008

Planes, Trains, and Taxis

We just got back from a week long trip to New York. Michael has an Aunt that lives on Long Island with whom we stayed. With a short ride on the Long Island Railroad we could be in Manhattan inside of 40 minutes. I had fears of the kids falling on the tracks before we went on vacation, but the kids were great in the city and "mostly" behaved while we were running around like crazy.

Jack and Emma's first NY subway ride.
Lily in Central Park with cousins Gabrielle and Quin.
Emma is excited to see a turtle in the lake.
Michael in the fountain taking pictures.

4 comments:

Debbie said...

Greatn pictures. Love the B&W of Jack and Emma in the subway. Did the kids recognize places that have been on tv or movies (I'm thinking Enchanted - the Central Park number...)

Jo said...

Oh man! I'm so jealous! I love NY! I'm glad you had fun. It's a great city. The best city in the country I think.

Lori said...

I love NY, too. Looks like you had a great time. I missed you!

Suzanne said...

I'm not sure that the kids connected that we were in places that they've seen in the movies. I did keep saying the line from Night at the Museum; "Hey Dumb Dumb, I want some gum gum."