Sunday, July 20, 2008

When It Rains...

it pours. Last week I took Jack to the doctor because his ear hurt. False alarm, not bad enough to warrant antibiotics, but enough to see the doc.

Today when Lily was brought to me after church, she couldn't move her arm. I didn't panic, I'd seen those symptoms before. Michael took her to Urgent Care and waited three hours for the doctor to pop her elbow back in place. Good as new, especially after the ice cream cone on the way home.

Tomorrow I have another appointment for Jack at the dermatologist. He has a wart on the bottom of his foot. I made the appointment two weeks ago, in the meantime Emma told me about a wart on her foot on Friday. No, I can't get the kids in at the same time, but we'll see if I can convince the doctor to have a quick look at Emma's foot.

We haven't been to see a doctor in months. I swear that when it rains, it pours.

5 comments:

Debbie said...

Yeah, it seems that sometimes I go years - nay - decades between doctor visits(barring physicals) - and then all of a sudden -BOOM - it's raining.

Keira said...

Don't be a wart-ist.

You'll never know what it is to be one. You may as well give the kids to a good home--where they'll be understood...

Kim said...

Don't you wish they would give you a bulk discount or something?

AM Runner CA said...

So after 3 or 4 trips to Urgent Care for Lauren's 'nanny elbow' they taught me how to fix it. It was easy (and cheaper and less time consuming) to learn. I only had to do a few times until it stopped happening. But you are right - when it rains it pours!

Jo said...

Wow! I just caught up on your blog and I love it! You are so much fun to read! I've been too busy having fun at the pool and beach and have had no time to catch up on my own blog. However, You are a kick and I wish so bad we had a milk man here! Because not only can you get milk you can get an assortment of dairy products such as cheese, yogurt and even eggs. At least that is how it was in the passed.