Wednesday, April 8, 2009

Chillax

At our house, the saying goes "Find your Chi."

chi 2 | ch ē| |kaɪ| |kiː| (also qi or ki)
noun
variant spelling of qi .
qi | ch ē| |kiː| (also chi or ki)
noun
the circulating life force whose existence and properties are the basis of much Chinese philosophy and medicine.
ORIGIN from Chinese ( Mandarin dialect) qì, literally ‘air, breath.’

When I get stressed out with the kids, Michael likes to say;"find your chi". Most of the time it makes me laugh, just because it is silly. It's the deep breath that gives me pause and helps me get through the moment.

Michael is gone on a trip for 10 days. Yikes. As he was leaving today he reminded me to "find my chi". I may hyperventilate by the time he comes home.

3 comments:

Debbie said...

Serenity now...insanity later. Repeat as needed.

Suzanne said...

Serenity now. Just puts a smile on my face thinking it.

Lori said...

He goes out of town while you're remodeling your basement??? You are a good wife.