Saturday, April 11, 2009

Early Easter

We did an Easter egg hunt this morning. The City of Niwot put on a pretty impressive egg hunt. They had the kids divided by ages and grade levels. They also separated the groups by having them hunt for eggs on different fields. I felt slightly torn because they had a 1 grade group, 2nd grade group, and then a 3,4,5th grade group. I decided to have Emma hang with the big kids rather than have Jack hang out with younger kids. As it turns out, I made a good decision.
Before the hunt started, the organizers told the kids if they found a golden egg they could exchange it for prizes. I'm not sure how many kids were in our group, probably around 75 kids. There were 35 golden eggs. Emma made out like a bandit, she picked up LOTS of candy. Jack kept picking up yellow hard boiled eggs hoping that they were the "golden eggs", he neglected to pick up much candy. Neither of them got a golden egg.
I'm glad I went with our neighbors, they were able to take Lily with them while I went with Emma and Jack. Lily had a great time with Brody. I didn't even get to see her look for eggs. Lily had a full basket when we all met up at the end.

3 comments:

Debbie said...

Easter egg hunt. Check.

Nice to get that off your list fairly painlessly.

What are you doing tomorrow?

Suzanne said...

Umm, tomorrow? I think the kids will be eating deviled eggs or egg salad sandwiches. I'm going to hide their baskets in the morning and see how long it takes them to find them.

Mad Runner said...

Nice. Lauren is already planning for an 'in-room' egg hunt tomorrow night. I love it when they can do it all themselves!

(Jack looks slightly like an annoyed teenager...yikes!)