Monday, April 6, 2009

Projectpalooza

More projects than you can shake a stick at.

The basement is humming right along. The plumbers should be here tomorrow and I should hear some jackhammering. The framing is coming along, it should be done by Wednesday. I think that the electrician will be here on Thursday.
The laundry/spa gained more bead board over the weekend. It did add more painting, thankfully Michael bought the PRE-primed sheet which made the job easier.
I have some art commissioned by Emma that I have framed...I think it will be rotating art. I still need a few things to add to the room, but it's getting there.

7 comments:

Mad Runner said...

Nice. Reminds me of growing up with Dad's multiple projects! How soon is the basement going to be done so we can move in?

m_perfect said...

Awesome! I have a basement that is not unlike that...perhaps a bit further along, but my contractor (unpaid aka un-incentived)has been stuck in a holding pattern for a very long time ( insert big sigh here)
I like Emma's work. It is bold and uncomplicated ( I hate guessing about child's works of art..."That's a nice horse","That's not a horse that's my mom!". Emma's is great...I can instantly see the appeal.

Debbie said...

Nothing like a decorated laundry room to inspire you to keep up with the laundry (to keep it "pretty").

Basement=awesome.

Ummm....happy birthday, again.

Suzanne said...

No time line, it'll get done when it gets done. We knew this about the guy we hired and we still hired him.

We still won't be able to afford any furniture for a while...who want to come stay? ;)

Keira said...

Love the bead board on that wall. Your husband was right--Blarg.

Frankie/mom said...

What a great birthday gift! Dad & I were thinking of you on your special day and hope you had a great one!!!

I like the rotating art idea. She does a great job and I, like Marcy, like being able to identify said art! Good job Emma!

AJsGirls said...

Everything looks great! You're home is beautiful.