Thursday, April 23, 2009

Spirit Week

The kids have had "spirit week" at school. I'm a little bummed that I didn't take pictures all week.

Monday was pj day, who wouldn't want to go to school in their pjs?! Tuesday was "twin day". Jack's partner chose navy school pants and a red polo. Pretty easy to get right considering it is essentially a school uniform. Emma wore a white t-shirt and jeans. There was some mix up and her twin didn't wear what she wore. It's very dramatic being in first grade.

Wednesday was "Sports day". We don't really follow sports at our house, so the kids don't have team jerseys. I let the kids wear athletic shorts and faux sport shirts from Target. Close enough in my book.

Today is crazy hair and clash day. We've got today nailed.

5 comments:

m_perfect said...

Nailed with a sledge hammer! How fun! I wish we had those when I was in grade school and might have thought of participating. I never did in high school! No "spirit" I guess!

Mad Runner said...

Emma is channeling her Aunt Keira from her early years. If the shorts were polyester she would have nailed Keira perfectly!

Debbie said...

Clash day? Sherri got it right - Emma's channeling Keira.

Jack just doesn't have quite enough hair to pull off the orphan look. If you skip haircuts for a month or two he's really got a shot.

Suzanne said...

Jack HATES to have product in his hair, this was a big step for him to put product in his hair.

Emma...sweet Emma. She didn't want to brush her hair this morning. I told her it was crazy hair day, not messy hair day. She proceeded to do the rest on her own. I knew that I needed to take pictures to embarrass her in the upcoming years.

Keira said...

Ouch. I think I'm being defamed here. No fair remembering my childhood if I can't remember yours...