Saturday, April 4, 2009

If You Give Me A Paintbrush

With all the stuff getting done in the basement, I've been feeling like I need to finish all the other unfinished projects (Are they ever done?). I prepped more of the wall for the wheat color that is never going to end (I still like it though). I had painted a while ago, but ran out of blue tape and "couldn't" edge the walls. I went back and taped and painted what seemed like miles of edges. In reality, it was a small area upstairs and where the wall and ceiling meet downstairs.

I was having a hard time deciding where to end the paint, because of the bull nose edges, until I saw how how it was done in a friend's house.

I also got brave and went ahead and bought paint for the laundry room. There are a lot of greens to choose from! Not sure I love the color I choose...but it's color and having color in the room helps it. The lighting is crazy in that room, which changes the paint color a lot. The name of the color is Homestead Resort Spa Green. I'm thinking about calling my laundry room "The Spa". Surely it will make the drudgery of laundry sound more appealing, right?!
This is what the paint looks like without the florescent light on. Quite a change.

5 comments:

Debbie said...

Spa Deller.

Are you going to paint the cupboards?

Mad Runner said...

I like the green, it is relaxing and calming. It will be 'The Portal Spa' - calm and serene...awww. Now if only the kids would cooperate! Take me away Calgon!

Suzanne said...

I'm thinking about painting the cupboards. That's a can of paint that I'm not sure that I want to open just yet. Michael is thinking about putting up some beadboard. More painting.

I'd like to "accessorize" the room. I'm having Emma work on some art pieces. Slowly but surely the room will get done.

Keira said...

I love it--call it Baden-Baden for a Euro-spa feel.

m_perfect said...

I think the green looks a little "Springy"...which is good since the real one may never arrive!