Sunday, December 21, 2008

Christmas Spirit


We got invited to spend Christmas Eve with some friends. They have four kids and they needed more to round out the Nativity. As it turns out, they have costumes all ready sewn (recycled from another family member), so I don't need to scrounge up last minute robes for kiddos.

For some reason...on the way to church I told the kids what we are going to do. IMMEDIATELY, Emma volunteers to be Mary. Which means that Lily wants to be Mary. I inform Emma that there are three other girls and she might not get to be Mary. Doesn't the Wiseman sound nice?

Emma and Lily nearly came to blows during church as they "discussed" who was to be Mary. Lily does NOT want to be baby Jesus. She is NOT a baby!! Thankfully Jack is being very diplomatic and wants to be the cow.

4 comments:

Debbie said...

How many angel costumes are there? Your girls might want to get in some angel practice...

My boys (with the possible exception of Danny) would have been like Jack.

Do you remember the year we sent out the "Dead Baby" Christmas card? Danny was the "baby" -the only way we could get a group picture was to have him asleep. And he slept like the dead.

Suzanne said...

I remember that picture...priceless.

Ahhh, I think that I might need some angel practice between now and Wednesday.

Keira said...

Laura was an angel, Jonah was a wise man, Zachary was baby Jesus and Spencer has reached the "interesting" age that makes it better to sit out.

Mad Runner said...

I love Jack. Just stay far, far away from the crazy girls Jack .. far, far away....