Friday, December 26, 2008

Chrsitmas Hits and Misses

Certain toys are always a favorite with Jack. I wonder how many more years he will be thrilled to get Legos. He got a mini helicopter that he was slightly interested in after he had put together the Lego set. He didn't realize it actually flies. Michael couldn't wait to play with some of Jack's toys...Jack was VERY good about sharing.
Emma was a tough one to shop for this year. She wanted everything...and yet nothing "big". I asked if she got everything she wanted, she replied; " I need to find my Christmas list to check off what I got." She did mention that she did not get the video camera that she had asked for. I'm thinking that will be a missed present for years to come.
Lily got to ride her new bike inside. At first she could barely make the pedals turn, but then she started making laps around the house. When she started to get confident enough to leave skid marks on the floor, we decided that it was time to put it outside.
For Christmas dinner we had planned on making homemade meatballs and having sausages with spaghetti. Michael and his parents went out to get the meat from a butcher shop up the street. The first shop didn't have Italian sausage so they had to find another shop.

Well, they found a carnercia that had Italian sausage. When Michael ordered the meat he asked for 16 sausages. Well, the guy came back with 16 pounds of sausage. Michael had the good sense to cut the order in half, but we still have ALOT of sauage!

6 comments:

Debbie said...

As kids get older sometimes it's hard to tell what "hits" and what "misses". Everyone seems content here - even Danny who is still waiting for his final gift.


I'm not sure how to respond to all that sausage...I think I'd better leave it alone.

Alex said...

The sausage looks like...

I'm not even going to bother finishing that sentence.

Mad Runner said...

Jim's making Polish sausage next week - want to come over Michael and help? Our house smells of garlic for the whole day!

Nice hits. We had a few misses here too (ask me about my elephants) and hits (can you say hamsters?)

Yup. It was Christmas for sure!

Frankie/mom said...

So much sausage, so little time! Two things to NOT watch being made: laws and sausage! Cutest kids make it all okay tho! Sorry to hear about your van crack! :(

Keira said...

Did you really get Emma a clock? How great is that. I think I'll get Laura a new sofa for her next b-day...

Suzanne said...

Yup, Emma got a clock. She had some funny things on her list. Now I just need to put it on her wall and she will be one happy kid.