Monday, December 22, 2008

Shopping at the Mall

I don't shop the mall, but I will shop Costco. I convinced Michael to head to Costco today. We don't shop there nearly as often as we did in Simi Valley. Somehow the 25 minute drive is enough to deter me from going until I have a reasonable list of things to get. Reasonable like soap, cat food, toilet paper, you know...boring stuff. I actually didn't have a long list of things to get, but I thought that a few Christmas presents might be found there.

Walking around Costco was a little like "being home for the holidays". You can go into almost any Costco and it's the same from here to Seattle or San Jose. My heart leap a little when I saw the pallets of books laid out for the perusing. The kids enjoyed the food samples and declared they were starving at the end of our shopping. Where else can you get a "foot long" hot dog with a drink for a buck fifty?!

2 comments:

Debbie said...

I don't shop at malls much either - but you're right about Costco...it's almost the same where ever you go. I'm trying to decide if I'm brave enough to drive myself there today...we're getting low on batteries and Christmas is not a time to run out of batteries.

BPowerful2 said...

I LOVE COSTCO!!!!! any excuse I can come up with to go to Costco I'll go.
and for some strange reason I ALWAYS get a parking place close to the doors; might be why I love it so much. lol
THere's so much there that I didn't know I couldn't live without!!!!