Monday, December 1, 2008

Fillers













The tree was looking a little empty, on the advice of sisters, I added the ribbon and paper chain. A little child labor goes a long way.

I was unprepared and didn't cut enough paper strips before the project was called due to bedtime constraints. Thank goodness for a good paper cutter and staples, I shudder to think of doing this project with scissors and glue.

The string we made barely makes it around the bottom of the tree. How much would it take to do the rest of the tree? I think I'll have Emma busy for another couple days.

4 comments:

Debbie said...

I have 4 paper chains, the bottom two are fairly long, but the top ones are a bit shorter. Thank goodness for child labor (lucky you, I did mine myself - the child labor for paper chains works better with willing hands)

m_perfect said...

I've learned a lot about decking out a tree this year. We start with the garland and then add the big stuff ( this includes such things as stars- 18" ones!, whole paper villages, giant jingle bells, clusters of glass balls (3),lanterns stuffed with stuff, lots of flower stems including, but not limited to, whole bushes of poinsettias, grapevine balls, giant snowflakes, feathers, dolls, angels, anything you can think of !!! ( one year Patti, our decorator, put in whole cookie sheets with cookie magnets on them!). This year one of our prettiest fillers was a pretty red mesh fabric that pouffed and swirled up through the tree adding a lot of color. I would try it at home but we sold completely out right away. Have fun with the fillers and remember... think large! ( how about large photos of your christmases past and present?!)

Keira said...

Our tree is curiously over-decorated in parts and leans a bit to one side. I can fix that but I'd have to bend over...

Suzanne said...

We did a quick and dirty job of decorating. We too have heavily decorated spots and LOTS of bare ones.
I am going to have my kids make more ornaments, they loved looking at the ones they made with pictures.