Saturday, November 29, 2008

The Swap

I've been looking forward to swapping out all the fall decoration for the Christmas stuff. With the painting project, I had to line everything against the wall for it's protection. En mass, it looks like a lot, but I've determined that what I think I have and what I actually have is a very different.

Fall lasts around three months and Christmas get one month.
It used to be shorter, the life of a "real" Christmas tree in California is about three days, if you're lucky. We'd usually get a tree after Jack's birthday and cross our fingers that it would last until Christmas. Now that we have a fake tree, I'm putting it up as soon as Thanksgiving is done.

Off to put a tree together...

3 comments:

Debbie said...

We did the big swap on Thursday night. I piled everything on my dining room table and chairs until Steve brought up the tubs to put the stuff in. I didn't get the Christmas tubs taken back down to the garage until last night - it took a little longer to get everything up and running.

Jo said...

I'm so impressed with your ambition! I used to be that way then I got old! Happy Holidays and a very Merry Christmas to you and yours!

m_perfect said...

I've been doing Fall to Christmas for 2 solid months now and to tell you the truth Christmas might go up a little late here unless Tasha gets her little tush going 'cause after 5 trees I'm a little Christmassed out!