Monday, November 24, 2008

No School Today

I woke up @ 4:30 AM and thought; "Ugg, it's Monday. I have to take the kids to school."
Well, it was definitely Monday, but the kids have the entire week off. On one hand I am happy to not be running around, on the other...well, the kids have the ENTIRE week off.

In a spirit of cooperation and desperation, I'm enlisting my kids to "deep" clean the house. We made a list of things that need to get done and they get to earn money for doing these extra chores. I am selling them on the idea that they get to earn this money for Christmas. I must have done a good job selling the idea, they were actually excited to do a few of the chores. So far, Jack is in the lead with $.75 followed up by fifty cents for each girl.

Tomorrow we'll be working outside once it warms up. Who wants a rake?

4 comments:

Frankie/mom said...

Ah yes, I remember it well...on one hand I was so happy dad was home; on the other all you kids were home! Talk about push me/pull me! There were perks tho. We did some extra things too. Deep cleaned some bedrooms, caught up on laundry, watched old movies, etc.

I love your pictures! You should go pro!

Debbie said...

I need some yard work done too - we seem to be out of sync with the weather...whenever we have kids and time to do the yard, it seems to be rainy/stormy - and paradoxically it is beautiful and sunny on Sundays and during school.

Go figure.

Mad Runner said...

My kids are in the 'extra' money mode too. I can find all sorts of things for them to do but most they don't want to do - something about slave labor??

I know we had slave labor growing up. Remember digging across our back yard one summer? Paid? HA! Food & water from the hose was good enough! (Okay, we did get ice cream later but since Dad took the curl off it didn't really count!)

Keira said...

I'm starting to think that Dad paid us in ice cream because he wanted an excuse to swing by "Dairy King" for a peanut butter shake.