Thursday, November 20, 2008

Mr. Postman

I had a pile of things to get in the mail and I've been putting it off as long as I could. For some reason I could never remember to get the padded envelopes when I was at the store. That was the first of many hurdles. I wanted to find cute funny cards to go with the packages...that didn't happen. Who wants to browse through the card section with a three year old?!

Finally I could put it off no longer. Birthday gifts were going to turn into Christmas presents, and I don't want to go there. Thankfully Michael had taken the day off. He must have known that staying home sick would mean that he'd get to watch Lily. Lucky him, lucky me.

I had a brief hour in which to go to the Library and the post office before I needed to pick kids up from school. The trip to the library was not for pleasure. I had turned in a movie case, but not the movie. Rookie mistake.

Then it was off to the post office. The long line didn't scare me, I had no kids to wrestle with. I was able to get three packages in the mail. As for the funny cards, nice wrapping, and perfect presents...well, that didn't happen. I hope everyone that gets the packages enjoys what's in them. I figure it's the thought that counts, right?

4 comments:

Debbie said...

I always heave a huge sigh of relief when I get those darn packages sent. That said, I haven't even started shopping for Andrew's package that I want to send next week.

Can you come shopping with me?

Rae said...

Hey Suzanne, I decided to go private with my blog. So, if you would like me to invite you just shoot me your email address to colbyandrae@gmail.com.

Keira said...

Puffy envelopes. I think that says, "I love you" all by itself...

Suzanne said...

That's the right attitude Keira. (one's for you)