Saturday, November 8, 2008

Saturday Is A Special Day

It's the day that my children DON'T sleep in. Of all the days of the week, this is the one day they choose to wake up super early. I swear that one, or all of the children, is hiding an alarm clock under their pillow. There is a conspiracy to wake up before the crack of dawn to try and get in as much cartoon time as possible.

The one good thing about getting up early is being able to start "dough" related breakfast items. I figure in about an hour and a half I'll have hot cinnamon rolls for breakfast. Right about the time I should be getting out of bed.

4 comments:

Debbie said...

I slept in until 5:15am. Everyone else in my house is fast asleep and likely to remain so for another hour or so...I guess I could start some cinnamon rolls too.

Suzanne said...

They score big points at my house.

Keira said...

I used to haul Tia out of bed for "Garfield and Friends" at the crack of dawn on Saturdays. I even remember getting that station signal and getting to watch the national anthem...

Youth is wasted on the young.

m_perfect said...

I wish Saturday was a day for sleeping in ( I'm with Deb on what constitutes sleeping in, but I digress). Today's first rising was at 2 am ( darn dogs!). I did not make cinnamon rolls but I did read for about a half hour so I could relax again and go back to a brief but blissful sleep.