Sunday, November 2, 2008

Sunday Dinner

I had the best of intentions for a nice EASY Sunday dinner. I figured that I would throw the ingredients in my bread machine and have hot fresh baked bread just about the time we came home from church. I know the bread baked in the machine isn't as pretty as it is when baked in the oven, but I was going for convenience.

When we got back from church I could smell the bread in the garage. Love that smell! When I went to check on it, it had a couple minutes left on the bake cycle. I looked through the tiny window and noticed the top had collapsed sometime during the baking cycle. Bummer. It tasted fine, but it looked like a square loaf of bread with a deformed top.

Not to be deterred, I went ahead and started soup to go with the bread. My mistake was walking away and forgetting to turn down the temperature. Who knew that soup could burn so quickly?! I was outside when I could smell soup, but when I walked in the door it was obvious that the soup would NOT be edible. The good news is I didn't ruin my pot, the bad news I totally ruined dinner.

1 comment:

m_perfect said...

Soooooo, been there!