Friday, November 28, 2008

Black Friday

It's not Black Friday at our house. I went and got some paint at Lowes and painted the living room a Churchill Hotel Wheat.

Today was a case of "If you give Suzanne a Christmas Tree", she'll end up moving the furniture, if she moves the furniture, she'll want to paint the room. If she goes to get paint, she'll forget to get a paintbrush, and then she'll have to do all the prep work before she cuts in. Once she finished the bulk of the room, she couldn't very well leave it 90% done. Went to Lowes to get a paintbrush, then I had no excuse to not finish the room. Then I couldn't stop with the living room, I had to start the hallway.

I didn't get the Christmas tree up like I planned, but I did get the living room painted.

4 comments:

Keira said...

Is it wrong to love the color but to love the name of the color more?

You so totally rock, Suz.

Debbie said...

Love the color. I noticed in your family Thanksgiving picture that you had a paint test square on the wall, then lo and behold, the next picture show the room painted. Way to go.

m_perfect said...

I love the rich colors! ...and I am with Keira...you have to love the name of the color at least as much as the color itself ( if not more). My last bedroom was " faded silk" by Ralph L. and ya'll know how much of a sucker I am for great fabric, or food, or anything with food on it, or a classic shape, or....the list goes on!

Suzanne said...

The test square did not make the cut. Michael picked the color from a couple paint chips that I shoved at him. He chose wisely.

I didn't love the color on the paint chip, but I love it on the walls. It's a good thing I like it, I went ahead and bought 5 gallons instead of wimping out and buying the paint by the gallon.