Wednesday, November 19, 2008

Zoo Trip

I can count on one hand how many times I've been adventuresome and ventured to the "big city". The big city, Denver is only 45 minutes away, but it seems like an eternity. I find that if I can't get it in my small town, than I must not need it. Monday was such a nice day that a friend called to ask if I wanted to head to the zoo on Tuesday to take advantage of a summer like day. By summer like, the temps were in the low 80's. Perfect!

We got the the zoo just as it was opening. Waited in what seemed like a Disneyland line (really long, but goes fast). I think that everyone had the same idea, enjoy the warm outdoors while we can. I don't want to knock the Denver Zoo, but if you've ever been to the San Diego Zoo, there's no comparison. Lily seemed to enjoy the day, the favorite parts were the carousel and the train.



No comments: