Saturday, November 1, 2008

Shark Attack

I wasn't going to dress up for Halloween. Then I was going to put a name tag on with "Chad" and be a dimpled Chad. I went with what I had, a recycled "flapper" costume from a couple years ago. I was pleasantly surprised at how many parents were dressed up with their young trick o' treaters.
"Shark Attack by friendly neighbor"
"Bee, Doctor, and Clone Trooper"
I had the kids empty out their bags before they went out. They didn't understand the reasoning behind taking candy out of their bags. (No, I wasn't trying to keep their candy!) When they got home, they understood why I wanted them to start with an empty bag. Emma kept saying "I got a jackpot!" Thankfully, she didn't really hit Jackpot, parts of her discarded costume were filling up the bag and made her loot of candy appear larger.

3 comments:

Debbie said...

The line from Star Wars "Aren't you a little short to be a storm trooper" comes to mind.

Cute kids. I like the doctor costume. Self-fulfilling prophecy? One can hope.

Keira said...

Nice flapper. I remember you doing that a few years back.

And how can you say that the bee costume was too small? At my house it's not too small until the flood comes to mid-shin. Heck, you could use it again next year.

m_perfect said...

I love the costumes on Halloween. My fave here was a very small black cat accompanied by a Roman guard and his Roman wife...lots of gold lame'. Why the toddler wasn't Roman was a little confusing but then again maybe she was just a roamin' pet!